Saturday, August 8, 2009

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Tonight, my wife, my son, and I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Scera Theatre in Orem. The play started at 8pm which was late enough for it to get dark before the play was over. Yes, the theatre is outdoors. The stage was proscenium and somewhat box style. Most of the audience sat directly in front of the stage. All of the seats were great with all of them being on a large hill. It was also a little chilly for me (I didn't bring a coat or jacket).

The lighting was interesting because half of the play was done before the sun set. Spotlights were used to emphasize a particular character or event in the play. The costumes ranged from tie-dye to casual (jeans) to elegant (dress). The theme of the play was Las Vegas. The music included Elvis Presley, 70s music, and a carribean piece.

My wife and I were entertained. The dancers were not all together at some points, but it was still well performed. One thing that my wife pointed out was that there were a couple of disabled people performing in the play. I thought that was great.

We enjoyed the experience and are happy that we went. I give the experience 9 due to the chilly night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment