Friday, July 31, 2009

Class Discussion on Music

In class on Wednesday, we finished discussing the history and elements of music. I've grown up loving music. My mom taught me how to play the piano and I was involved in choir from Middle School through High School. I find myself relieving my frustrations and expressing myself a lot through music. I enjoyed learning about the history of music and then listening to the music from the different eras. I loved the song "Claire de Lune" by Claude Debussy. The original piano piece is beautiful. I find it very interesting how well the composers wrote down and interprated their feelings, emotions, nature, and more. To me, they are geniuses. I will try to learn their music better and appreciate it more.

4 comments:

  1. I love "Clair de Lune" too. It is so calming and energizing to me. But it also makes me think of the movie version of the play The Bad Seed, where the little girl is a sociopath that kills people. In the movie she plays that "Clair de Lune" on the piano. It's a really good movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude about trying to learn the music better and appreciate it more. I definitely feel the class has helped me understand and appreciate music more in my daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too want to learn this type of music better. After talking about it I realized how smart these composers had to be and how intellectual their music is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to learn how to play the piano. I was always jealous of those Elders on my mission that had the chance to learn to play. It is such a benefit to us both mentally and spiritually to learn how to play an instrument. Maybe one day in my spare time I can teach myself to play some type of musical instrument.

    ReplyDelete