Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day Celebrations - Optional Community Event

On Friday, my wife and in-laws went to the Pioneer Day celebrations at Veterans Park in Provo. It was a little hot when we went in the late morning. I did appreciate the tall trees at the park that gave us a lot of shade. At the event, there was a antique car show, a stage with performing acts, food booths, crafts booths, native american traditions, a petting zoo, and more. Most of the workers or volunteers were dressed up in pioneer attire. The park was not crowded, but there was still a good showing of attendees. There were few exhibits and we only stayed for about 1 hour. Here are some pictures I took of the event. Due to the small number of exhibits, our groups got a little bored after a short time. A lot of the same booths that were there were at the 4th of July festivals. It was my first time going to this event and I don't really have a very strong opinion as to whether or not I liked it. I guess it was only mediocre. Here are some pictures I took at the event.





No comments:

Post a Comment