Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dada

I apologize in advance if this post ends up being short. Again, I put it off to the last minute.

The discussion in class on Wednesday about Dada was interesting. The artists seem very opinionated and express those opinions very creatively and with a lot of symbolism. The paintings actually remind me of today's political cartoons. The cartoons are almost always portraying an opinion opposite to an idea someone else had. They are speaking out in there own way, with a lot of meaning a feeling behind every work of art.

What is the world without opposing views and opinions. I think that without them, none of us would be anything. Sure, perhaps we may be equal, but in this life, we have the opportunity to learn from others, to learn from others' points of view.

3 comments:

  1. I really like what you have to say about oposition. I agree with you and it made me think that if some people didn't portray the bad how could we realize the good? Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to look up anything for more information on the Dadaist movement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you connected Dadaism to comics today. I had never thought of that, and now that you mention it, it makes complete sense. I love how each painter or artist has a certain style to each of their pieces of art; it really makes the painter and the piece more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete